FRP Gratings Using Tips and Installation
Using tips of FRP gratings
- Due to the small density and light weight, the installed FRP gratings are easy to float in areas where underground water level is high, therefore, setting anchor blocks, rain runoff channels and other anti-floating measures are needed to be considered.
- If you want to open a tee-joint in the FRP grating, or repair the cracks in the pipeline, the environment must be similar to the complete dry condition of workshops, and those used resin and fiber cloth need another 7 to 8 hours to solidify.
- The existing underground pipeline detection equipment mainly detect metal pipelines and non-metallic pipeline detection equipment is very expensive, so currently the FRP gratings can't be detected after being buried, therefore, they are easy to get injured and destroyed in subsequent construction.
- FRP ratings have poor UV protection ability. Currently the surface of open installed FRP gratings have 5mm thick resin rich layer and ultraviolet absorbent, so as to slow down the aging time.
Cutting and installation:
- Straight cut: A circular power saw with a masonry diamond tipped blade is recommended. And you'd better use a standard rotation speed without excessive pressure.
- Circular cut: A jig saw with a diamond tipped blade is recommended.
When installing gratings, a free distance of 5-10mm along all sides should be considered, because the temperature and application places would influence the installation result.